Truth Pledge


I signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold me accountable.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko OnoAll We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono by David Sheff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kudos to David Sheff for getting John and Yoko to be open and honest about their lives and for focusing more on their careers than on their personal lives. I particularly enjoyed the end section n which John talks about how each of his songs got to be a recording. John and Yoko are artists in the most artsy fartsy way imaginable. It's astounding to see what they fell for and how little critical thought they gave to both external and internal ideas. It seemed to me that most of their decisions and beliefs were base on what made them feel good. It surprises me that Yoko was a successful business woman except that she might have been a master at he art of bullshito. John revealed himself to be paranoid, narcissistic, delusional, unsympathetic and petty, but probably not to the point of being a sociopath. Fame may have taken its toll on him. It seems to me that John was a very flawed human being and he was at least honest about his flaws and used the same harsh judgment on himself that he used on others. I certainly think that he cared more about the image of wanting peace, love and the truth than he cared about peace, love and truth. When it comes to famous people being REALLY decent, give me Chris Hadfield any day, thanks.

View all my reviews

No comments: