Sunday, April 03, 2016

Why I Am Not a Christian: Four Conclusive Reasons to Reject the Faith Why I Am Not a Christian: Four Conclusive Reasons to Reject the Faith by Richard Carrier
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Devastating

God is silent, inactive, doesn't provide evidence for Christianity and we don't live in a universe that looks like the Christian god made or runs it. Christianity fails. Richard Carrier makes the most reasoned argument I've yet seen for this case. This short book should be read along with Irreligion by John Allen Paulos as well as the titles given in the bibliography if you're interested in well reasoned criticisms of religion. This is not a book for the die hard faithful as one cannot be reasoned out of a position that he or she wasn't reasoned into to begin with.
What I found most compelling is Carrier's clarity and common sense. His examples and analogies are simple, direct and relevant. I wish I had read this book first.

View all my reviews
Post a Comment