Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Is He, Or Isn't He?

The Servants of TwilightThe Servants of Twilight by Leigh Nichols
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have long been a Dean Koontz fan as I find him to be an engaging storyteller and a creator of memorable characters, but I've never considered his writing anything but "entertaining." He can be formulaic in his storytelling and his characters often have a personality formed from a mold he often uses, but once in a while, he manages to write a story that leaves the reader ..... wondering. This novel does that quite well. I was left with doubts and quite uncomfortable feelings after reading what on the surface appeared to be a happy, sunshiny ending. Wile it takes a while to pick up, once it does, the book is hard to put down. The action goes from ambling to full out sprint. I found it a very enjoyable read. I especially enjoyed the cognitive dissonance displayed by several of the characters throughout the story. Read the summary for the premise of the story and if you like it, I think you'll enjoy the book. The afterward is even entertaining as it conveys how the book became a movie, and you'll know whether or not you want to watch that movie after you've read the afterward.

View all my reviews
Post a Comment