Truth Pledge


I signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold me accountable.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Best American Sampler 2011The Best American Sampler 2011 by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I Don't Get It

I love to read. I rarely run across material that I don't like to read. How the entries in this volume rank as the best of anything is a great mystery to me. Most of the writing is narcissistic or self gratifying. Some of it is haphazard. The short about ghosts was fairly well written nonsensical woo. I hate woo. Give it to Oprah or Deepak Chopra. I don't want it. I'll stick to The Best American Science and Nature Writing, thanks. Maybe I'm just not artsy fartsy enough to appreciate what to others might be awesome writing, but after reading this book, I know that I don't want to be.

View all my reviews

No comments: