Truth Pledge


I signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold me accountable.

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Meh...

FaceOffFaceOff by David Baldacci
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm more a fan of police procedurals than I am a fan of PI or similarly themed "mystery" novels, and while I do enjoy the works of many of the authors featured in this anthology, I'm not a hard core fan of anyone except F. Paul Wilson and John Sandford. When I saw this on Audible.com, I was skeptical that the authors could pull off any authentic short story mashup of their characters. It seemed to me that the effort would be forced and come across that way. Well, that's how I found them as I listened. I was easily distracted while listening to many of these stories. I listened through the Hoopla Digital service, so at least I was spared having to buy the book. i would have returned it if I had.

That said, if you enjoy the genre, these stories aren't bad at all. I personally didn't find them compelling, but I'm me and you're you and we're probably not exactly alike, don'tcha think? If you stopped to look at this book, read it. I command you! :-)

View all my reviews

No comments: