Truth Pledge


I signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold me accountable.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Bloody Marvelous!

Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids All in a Row (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids All in a Row by Christopher Golden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Christopher Golden is my favorite author of all those who write novels for this series. His style and presentation are very engaging to me. I find it hard to put his books down. He gives The Buffyverse a much darker cast than the TV series or even the comics give it. His depiction of Spike and Dru make me wonder how I could have ever become attached to them. Very disturbing! Golden creates a memorable cast of characters among the big bads as well as potential slayers and The Watchers Council - including a young John Travers. If you like Buffy, you'll like this novel, but it's not canon, so if you're a stickler, you'll be put off by a major contradiction in this novel. Say no more!

View all my reviews

No comments: