Truth Pledge


I signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold me accountable.

Saturday, July 06, 2019

Don't You Ban Me!

RageRage by Richard Bachman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, I can certainly understand why Steve-o-rino "banned" this book from his published works, but I am also an adamant anti-censoring advocate. Should impulsive, disturbed teens read it? No! But it is the responsibility of the impulsive, disturbed teen's guardian(s) to monitor media consumed by said teen. Too much responsibility? Either deal with the risks of raising children or don't have kids. It's called either responsible parenting or birth control. Practice one or the other. Personally, I think that Steve was probably an impulsive, disturbed person when he wrote this, but thankfully, he had an outlet called "writing." Come to think of it, it's kind of frightening to consider what kind of person he might have turned out to be had he not been able to write. Hmmmmm......

View all my reviews

No comments: